Updated: Nov 1, 2019
Benefits of Cilantro
1. Rids body of heavy metals.
2. Protects against oxidative stress.
3. Lowers anxiety & improves sleep.
4. Protects against cardiovascular disease.
5. Prevents urinary tract infections.
6. Settles digestive upset.
7. Protects against food poisoning.
Cilantro is rich in phytonutrients, flavonoids and phenolic compounds. Good source of dietary fiber, vitamins A, K, C, E, calcium, iron, potassium and magnesium.
Add Cilantro to smoothies, salads, juices, Mexican, Indian and Asian dishes to add flavor. Can be used as a garish or the cilantro seeds known as coriander can be ground to add spice to food. If you have the gene that makes cilantro taste like 'soap', you can always use parsley instead. Cilantro is also known as 'Chinese' parsley and the leaves look very similar.